GCNet was established to develop and operate a customized electronic system for processing trade and customs documents.
To optimize this service, the GCNet website has been designed to provide information about the service, for example:
- how to access the TradeNet
- procedures for electronic clearances
- various codes used during clearance (HS, CPC, Duty and Tax, Freight Station and Warehouse)
- the status of arriving carriers and the rotation numbers assigned to them by Customs
- indicative values of used vehicles
The website is also geared at providing useful information on shareholders of GCNet and other key stakeholders, especially those engaged in trade and customs-related operations. The web pages highlight what these organizations do, their "modus operandi", and how they can be contacted.
Other useful information such as up-coming events or developments in GCNet's focal area of operation (example:- conferences, fairs, Government policy initiatives, WTO or WCO decisions, technological developments in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), etc), are featured regularly on the website.